Strange stories.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 10:44:01 CET 2001

  Timo ronkaren mentioned to me the story "Paperino Anno 2001"(TL 301-A)
which confirms Scrooge McDuck is dead and burried on 2001.I haven't found
this story but I find references to it in the DCML.I like some of the
story's ideas.Such as:1)Scrooge has a single heir in Donald Duck,2)Donald
Duck prooves a worthy successor of Scrooge who takes many of his
predecessors qualities.3)Huey,Dewey and Louie Duck are used as capable
employees and possible heirs,they must be sixty year-olds by this time.
4)The Beagle Boys have survived this far.What I don't like is the time
travel business:If Donald,Huey,Dewey and Louie are absunt since 1961 who do
they meet on 2001?Why is there no mention of any descedant of Donald?What
has happened to his love Daisy Duck?Are the rest of the Ducks,except of the
four,mentioned deceased by this time?Who is to be Donald's heir?If he is so
much like Scrooge he would like to have a single heir probably.I would like
to read this story but it is not likely to be reprinted in Greece any time
soon.By the way if my ideas of who inherited the 19th centurie Ducks by the
1970's are correct and all other Ducks have joined the McDucks cemeterie by
2001 except Donald,Huey,Louie and Dewey then Donald must be a lot richer
than Scrooge.Thanks for your information Timo.
  Searching through messages about "Paperino Anno 2001" I seem to have found
the original titles of two of the most memorable stories I bought as a child
though they left me with mixed feelings.I am refearing to
"L'antipaperone"(TL 295-B) and "Archimede e il signor Scherzo"(I TL
385-A).The first one's two Scrooges fighting among each other is a quite
interesting idea.And the second one's darker side of Gyreo's personalitie is
the only one I know of that turns the inventor into someone that can spread
terror to Duckburg with style.Donald shock is probably the highlight of the
storie.I wouldn't call them masterpieces but interesting they are.Have the
creators of the two stories experimented with darker versions of other
Disney characters?