Newer versions of Paperinik.

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Mon Nov 5 17:36:06 CET 2001

From: "Dim I Nticoudis" <dimadick at hotmail.com>

Hey,  lots of questions you seem to have... good! :-)

> Paperinik is a rather popular version of Donald Duck in Greece.In fact
> Almanako magazine reprints only stories of him and Arizona Goof for the
last
> four years.Some information says there are newer versions of Paperinik in
> Italy edited in the magazines Paperinik New Adventures and PK2.Is he still
> the same character who changed his style or have they revised his
> origins?Does Scrooge McDuck appear in the stories of the newer versions?

The character is the same, though he's sowhat different. They didn't revise
his origins, that remain the same, they just changed his background: now (in
that series) he's a "normal" superhero, interacting with new characters.
Scrooge (and the nephews) still appear sometimes, because, after all, that's
still Duckburg, but they appear very little; I remember that for some time
on another Italian magazine, GM (Junior Woodchucks), the nephews had left
with the other JW for a trip around the world... and this fitted with the
fact that they were seen so rarely in PK, a good touch of continuity.
The first series (PKNA) was set in a skyscraper named Ducklair Tower.
Scrooge used to own it and Donald was its keeper, so the Tower had become
his new Headquarters, with new allies, weapons, cars... aliens, time travel
and other science fiction plots were normal in that series. Now, with PK2,
things are slightly different (less SF, no more tower), but the spirit is
the same.

--
Sprea
http://digilander.iol.it/sgrizzo