724 - Dim, Komix

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Mon Nov 5 20:31:44 CET 2001

Dim, our new member from Greece (Welcome!)

About the Blot

>In his first appearance on 1939's "Mickey Mouse outwits the Phantom
>Blot"(sadly unpublished in Greece)
Huh? When i was at the offices of Komix in october 1999 I was bringing a
danish comic just to show them (My mother had just joined me, and she
brought that subscriber's edition). The editor who was not tall was very
interested in the
extra for the comic, as it carried that story, Gottfredson's first one,
about the Blot.
But i couldn't give it to him, as it was my own subscriber's edition. -
But we talked about it being a good story, and that they should contact
the ones in Copenhagen about it, so i presumed they had done so by now. I
actually have adouble of the comic
now, that I could send them - but it's more or less a code or such they
would need? or?

The Mickey Mystery pocketbook you mention has become one of my favorites -
post mortem, so to speak, as the magazine was closed before I discovered -
i haven't maneged yet to dig out all the issues at second-hand shops.

>Paperinik is a rather popular version of Donald Duck in Greece.In fact
>Almanako magazine reprints only stories of him and Arizona Goof for the
>last
>four years.Some information says there are newer versions of Paperinik in
>Italy edited in the magazines Paperinik New Adventures and PK2.Is he
>still
>the same character who changed his style or have they revised his
>origins?Does Scrooge McDuck appear in the stories of the newer versions?

This also surprises me - as we talked about PK - new adventures at that
office too -
We had fun talking about the italian 0/1, 0/2 and so on issues -

But yes, Scrooge occasionally does appear in those comics, but they are
completely different from any other duck comic i expect you to have seen,
a very different style, that I somehow came to like... And of course now
the magazine closes here becuase of too low sales.

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist