Donald's jobs???

Stefan Diös pyas at swipnet.se
Thu Nov 8 14:26:48 CET 2001

Timo Ronkainen:

>Have anyone counted in how many jobs Donald have had through the years?
>At least in Barks' stories?

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but yes: I did just that in 1996, by request
of a Swedish newspaper. To save time and space, I chose to search only
through the WDC 10-pagers by Barks, thus ignoring any jobs Donald might
have had in other equally respected stories. From this limited sample I
counted eleven different jobs he had working for Uncle Scrooge, and 53
others where he was hired by somebody else or in business for himself. This
included trades, not occasions; thus I tried not to double-count identical
or similar job descriptions. Also, I didn't want to include obvious hobbies
like treasure-hunting or such. My goal was not to make as long a list as
possible.

Now, somebody else might make a similar list from the same criteria and
come up with a different number of jobs. But this is what I've got. Oh, and
my list happens to be in Swedish. I'm sorry, but I don't particularly care
to re-translate it into English right now...

Stefan Dios
Malmo, Sweden