Skyscrapers / Norwegian writers

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:39:31 CET 2001

>BTW, I don't remember any Carl of Don's stories with
>scyscrapers or twin towers, apart from the "Incident
>at McDuck Tower".

First, "any Carl of Don's stories"? Is that supposed to be "any of Carl's of
Don's stories"? Or are we talking about ONLY Carl Barks?

I don't have any magazines here now, since I'm studying, but unless I'm
wrong, I remember lots of stories with skyscrapers...

--- W WDC 134-02 - "Terror of the Beagle Boys" - The cannonball launched
from Scrooge's office, doesn't it destroy some, or at least one, skyscraper
before it returns to destroy the Money Bin? I seem to recall that it even
was McDuck Tower?
--- "The Beagle Boys vs The Money Bin" (I haven't found the story code! I
have it at home, but...) - and maybe also "A little something special" -
mentions that as Duckburg grew, the old building were "buried and used as
fundament for the new skyscrapers"...
--- F PM 99001 - "The coin" - includes a JWC-trip to McDuck Tower, and I
also remember the Beagle Boys standing on the top of a very tall building.
--- And what about the first frame of "The incredible shrinking tightwad" (D
94202), "The black knight" (D 97346), "The quest for Kalevala" (D 99078) and
"Gyro's Beagletrap" (G TEM 9510)?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I talked to Solveig Thime (editor of Norwegian Donald Duck & Co) some days
ago (I called her to thank her for setting me in contact with Byron
Erickson), and she told me that it would be very funny if I got some of my
stories published, because there had been no Norwegian writers or artists
since the 1970's! This shocked me, I had always thought that some of the
writers of today - maybe Flemming Andersen or Jan Kruse - was Norwegian?
(mock me, but I'm that stupid. If I see names I define as Norwegian - like
"Jan" or "Andersen" - I concider that they may be Norwegians.) What a shock!
(This also means that *I* can be the first Norwegian writer in 20 years...
exciting...)

Anyway, my question:
Can someone tell me who's the most famous Norwegian writers/artists?

-olaf-