Re 739: Anders (Marja Ritola) [OT]

Søren Krarup Olesen raptus at stofanet.dk
Sun Nov 18 12:46:50 CET 2001

AC:

On Sunday 18. November 2001 11:54, Pekka Timonen wrote:
> > And another "yes", ph.d. is pro gradu.
>
> No, it's not. Pro gradu is master's thesis.

Hmmm, must admit I had to look that up myself. "pro gradu" (after
graduation) is a bit confusing, I mean what graduation are we talking
about?! Ph.D. means "Doctor of Philosophy" which is equally confusing,
since it is not a real doctor degree and it doesn't necessarily have
anything to do with "philosophy" (in the modern sense).

Søren
M.Sc., Ph.D.