Paperinik and Scarpa's Mouse.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:08:26 CET 2001

  Thanks for your answer Armando."Paperinik should never lose".Why?I do not
like invincible heroes.Everybody is defeated from time to time.It is
interesting to know how a character prepares his revenge or accepts his
defeat.Paperinik should loose a few battles as long as he has worthy rivals.
  You mention Super Goof stories as funny.I don't know.I never liked any of
them.Especialy the appearances of pale versions of Scrooge McDuck and The
Phantom Blot in some of them.They are much more inteligent than Super
Goof.His powers making him superior to them doesn't seem right to me.There
is,one whose title I can't remember in which Scrooge is transformed into
Super Scrooge.Scrooge in his underwear!Compared to that Fethry's stories are
masterpieces!
  I don't know what you mean about Scarpa's Mouse.The best stories I have
from him are "Mystery of Tapiocus VI"(I TL 142-A,I TL 143-A)in which Pete
prooves superior to Mickey and the fine detective story "Kali's Nail"(I TL
183-A,I TL 184-A).The later's Mickey is one of the finest versions I have
seen but for a detective he jumps into conclusions too early.Not close
enough to "Monarch of Medioka"'s wise Mickey.
  As for your references to Martina's work I don't know if aging was his
problem.I have the 1955 story "The Blot's Double Mysterie"by Martina and
Scarpa.The Blot's plan is to frame Mickey for attempting to kill O'Hara and
then frame O'Hara for embezzling police money so that both of them can end
their days in prison with their fames ruined.Fine plot but the story is
ruined by the appearance of Wonderland's Mad Hatter in Mouseton and Mickey's
savior being Eega Beeva.So Martina had strange ideas even in his earlier
stories.