DCML Vol 1 #742 - A Question

Chuck Munson chuckm_1962 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 00:32:19 CET 2001

Hi All,

Well, the question below got my attention:

"What does "313" mean anything? A friend of mine said
that there is a hidden door with the number "13" on
the Main Street in the DisneyLand in Florida, you have
to look for it very hard. The door leads you to
upstairs of Wet Bar and card tables everywhere, not
suitable for the children. Is it true?"

There are two questions here.  Unless I'm very much
mistaken, 313 refers to Donald's unofficial birthday
(June 9, 1934 is his official one) and also the
license plate number of Donald's 1934 Belchfire
Runabout.

The "hidden" door is actually refering to the entrance
to "Club 33" in New Orleans Square at Disneyland in
California.  Club 33 is an exclusive, members-only
restaurant (and, yes, I believe alcoholic beverages
are on the menu).  It is also upstairs from the
activity below; much in the way that the
open-to-the-public Disney Gallery, also in New Orleans
Square, is. I'm not certain if Club 33 was originally
open to public membership, but it is now and there is
evidently an unbelievably long waiting list and
membership is very expensive.  The club's existence is
not exactly a secret, but neither is it advertised.
Disneyland opens it for special events.  For example,
the couple of Disney-sponsored Disneyana Conventions
have featured events there, such as a breakfast (to
offer we lesser mortals a peak at the elegance - for a
fee, of course).  Don't get me wrong, I would not pass
up an offer for a meal there; but this is an extreme
amount of elitism and exclusivity for the "happiest
place on Earth." (And please note that this predates
the current Disney management by at least a full 15
years!)

Hope the off-topic explanation helps.

Slinking back into lurk mode,
Chuck Munson