Fethry and,Duckburg and reason in fantasy.

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Fri Nov 23 11:36:40 CET 2001

	Hi Dim!

	You said that early Fethry stories

>presented Fethry as a character
>who was trying to find an alternative way of living based on the books he
>was reading.The contast of his ideas with Donald's made this stories
>interesting.There is even one,whose name I do not know,who places
>"poor"hunter and fisherman Donald against the fanatic,ecologist Fethry
>determined not to let his cousin enjoy his vacation.

	This is "Preserve Psychiatry" (S 65203).

>any interest of [Fethry] was
>lost when the later creators presented him as a common idiot.

	I agree with you 100%! Your feelings, by the way, are also the
feelings behind the new Fethry stories that we're producing now at Egmont.
The *real* Fethry- the only Fethry really worth telling stories about, is
the "alternative way of living" Fethry you described.
	As part of the *real* Fethry's reappearance in our weekly, we also
reprinted a vintage 1960s Fethry story a couple of months ago.
Interestingly, it was "Preserve Psychiatry"!

	David