Gladstone and Hook.

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 25 07:17:18 CET 2001

  "Paperiade"'s version of Gladstone is one of my favorites because
Gladstone is an active character and a competent rival instead of being just
a lazy Duck who firmly believes in destiny.And he only steals an artifact
with magical powers but not great monetary worth.Scrooge couldn't turn him
to the police over that.
  I do not enjoy Hook's presence but the character's longevity has an
explanation.If you remember he comes from Neverland and he ages in slower
rates.He can travel between Earth and Neverland but he won't start aging
normaly unless he stays on Earth for a long time.Remember that the original
Peter Pan book's events take place in late 19th centurie but Captain James
Hook is refeared as the only man "the Sea Cook" was afraid of.The Sea Cook
being 18th centurie's Long John Silver who was already dead by 1800.Hook is
not excactly a young man.
  As for Gladstone's honesty may I remind you of "The Luck of the North" by
Barks in which Glastone cons an Eskimo tribe to give him one of their two
cayaks and destroy the other?The tribe later starves.This version of
Gladstone is much more cruel than the "Paperiade"'s.
  And a correction for Ari Seppi.Petri's comment is about "Paperin Fracassa"
and not about "The Blot's Double Mystery".