Favio: chat group

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Tue Nov 27 09:20:51 CET 2001

That's funny. What could be the cause of that? Maybe DCML has more *old*
members (i.e. people older than 30), because it already exists since 1992?
Or maybe I or others get a bit grumpy when people write illegible ("more
friendly"?) messages to DCML.

> And I find it silly to try
> to convince everyone to be on the same place.

I don't find that silly. I don't want to miss interesting discussions about
Disney comics. I don't like to have to join a new group every few months.
(And I think I'm complaining about this fact every few months...)

BTW, I also like the stuff to enter my mailbox automatically, so I don't
need to do any action other than reading my mail.

> Forums and chat
> groups have interesting and less interesting
> periods, they die and come to life again.

DCML is a more persistent mailing list than the usual. As I said, it's "to
life" since 1992.

> > (I dislike the idea of becoming a "member" of something,
> > even if it's >free.)
>
> Aren't you a "member" of DCML?

Yes, but I didn't need to subscribe to a commercial party. Per Starbäck is a
comic fan and amateur. So I can be sure that my e-mail address is used for
nothing else than this mailing list.

--Harry.
("Sorry! You have reached a Members-Only area")