The Blot's Double Mystery

Eta Beta eega at supereva.it
Tue Nov 27 13:07:18 CET 2001

OLA

>I've been looking at this in Inducks and it seems that it was published
>as four parts in Italy.
>In the US M&D #6,7 and 8 only is qouted as a reprint whith much less
>pages, 21+22+16=59 pages, than in the original four parts,
>20+20+19+17=76 pages.
>Was only the first three parts printed in the US or whas it so heavily
>edited that it could fit in these M&D issues ?

Edited it was, indeed, but only technically, i.e. no censoring
happened, and no single panel was omitted.

Gladstone simply "translated" the italian digest three-tiered
format into the "regular" american four-tiered, thus sparing
a few pages. Most panels had to be widened to fit the new format,
but details have been added, rather than deleted.

This is the only Scarpa story that was so edited by Gladstone,
all the others were published in the original three-tiered
format (although with some minor "adjustments", in a coupla
cases).

Cheers

Eta Beta