DCML digest, Vol 1 #749 - 2 msgs

Sue and Gary Leach bangfish at cableone.net
Tue Nov 27 18:10:43 CET 2001

Kriton:

> The December issue of Komix came out early, confirming that there will
> be more Aragones stuff in the future. In the next issue they will be
> publishing the first part of another four-parter called, translated back
> from Greek, "Groo and Rufert".  Suffice it to say that I am not amused,
> and providing KOMIX with free publicity is the last thing I am going
> to do. I did my translations and monthly presentations because it had
> been fun, but this is no longer the case.  Thus, my monthly postings
> are going to cease in protest, and I urge my fellow Greek readers not
> to pick up this column.

If you simply no longer find the exercise fun, for whatever reason, then
please do cease. One shouldn't continue an endeavor in which one no longer
perceives any value and/or reward.

Your call to your "fellow Greek readers", however, might amount to asking
them to collectively shoot themselves in the foot! Do you really want them
to abandon Komix because it is, in your view, violating some "purity of
content" rule? I really don't see how they'll manage to accomplish anything
by this beyond helping to hasten the demise of yet another Disney comics
publication. And you might want to consider if your own stated intentions
might not do the same.

Disclaimer: I am a longtime fan of Sergio Aragonés work, and personally
don't see how it could cause any harm to Komix.

Gary