to Don from a Portuguese member

Pedro Cravo pcravo at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:07:14 CEST 2001

Don Rosa wrote:

>(...) I've accepted another offer to be a guest at the Amadora
>International Comics Festival near Lisbon. I don't think we have any
>Portuguese members (?), so I don't guess that makes up for my missing
>the Swedish show, but it's all I can do.

There's at least ONE Portuguese member in this list, ME, and I can hardly
wait to be with you at Amadora. I meant to contact you before, regarding
this Festival, as I've contacted the Portuguese editor of Disney comics and
they said they intended to release the Portuguese edition of Life and Times
of $crooge McDuck at this occasion.

For those of you who don’t know this Festival (I guess all), I can tell you
it’s considered the biggest and best Comics Festival in Portugal, although I
prefer the Oporto Festival (considered the second best). Four years ago (not
3 as you mention, Don) I visited the Oporto Festival where Don was the guest
artist. This was the best comics exhibit I ever saw, with the money bin,
$crooge, the Beagle Boys and the original art by Don. I don’t know what
they’re thinking of, this time, but I expect it to be of the same quality.

Amadora 2000 web page is still up at this URL:
http://www.cm-amadora.pt/sitefibda2000/index01.html

The only info I could find about this year edition is here:
http://www.cm-amadora.pt/web/m04.htm#3

This is all in Portuguese, but if you speak Spanish, maybe you’ll understand
a bit.

I’ll see if I can get some pictures of the Oporto Festival and upload them
to the Web, so that you have an idea of what Amadora may be. If anyone wants
to come and needs directions, send me an email and I’ll be glad to help.

To finish up, Don, I’d like to know when you’ll be here, so that I can
program my schedule. The Festival starts October 19th and finishes November
4th, but I expect you’ll only be present one of the weekends. Is this
correct?

Regards from Portugal!

Pedro Cravo