Magica

YMH@aol.com YMH at aol.com
Sun Oct 14 09:56:35 CEST 2001

In a message dated 10/12/01 6:11:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Don Rosa writes:

> If you've read almost *any* of my Magica stories, at least if your
> translators have not scrapped my dialogue for something else, I always make
> a point of explaining and reaffirming why Magica, according to Barks'
> original stories, wants that Dime.

Unfortunatly, the only Magica story of yours that I've managed to find is the
one involving the silver platter*, and the only Barks Magica story that I've
encountered is "The Many Faces of Magica DeSpell".  In both of these stories,
Magica's motives are clear, but not the reasoning behind them.

The some goes from that which most of my knowledge of Magica in fact comes
from, DuckTales (which I know that most of you DCMLers consider childish and
apocryphal at best). On the show, sometimes she's a witch, sometimes she's a
sorceress. Sometimes it's the Lucky Dime and sometimes it's the Number One
Dime. Only in "Send in the Clones" has there ever been any attempt at
explaining why she's after the dime -- it will allow her to turn Poe back
into her brother, and it will allow her to rule to world.

Exactly *how* it will do either of these things, it isn't said.

-Yossi

------
* If you'd like to send me more, you're more than welcome to. :-) But
seriously, being a comic-book reader, but not a comic book collecter --
Meaning that $2.50 for 24 pages is barely worth it, and $5-$50 for same
almost never is, not when I can get a 350 page novel for only $6 or so. It's
a real problem for someone wanting to go back and read all the ol' Duck
stories...