Ducks and knowledge

Dim I Nticoudis dimadick at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:32:16 CEST 2001

  I seem you noticed that Scrooge knows a great number of languages.One of
the things that always fascinated me about the Ducks is than unlike Mickey
they are only looking for a passtime.They travel the world seeking
adventure,fortune,glory and knowledge.
  Scrooge does know a lot more languages than Enlish.He must be a fast
learner.Many stories including Rosa's imply he has a large library.The books
contained threre vary from old Spanish,Dutch and other jurnals(including the
McDucks' chronicles from Vicar's stories),financial books,history
books,occult books,science books etc.Many of them appear to be rare
editions.Scrooge seems to have various interests.
  Donald is no ignorant too.He speaks the Tralaleans Thibetean dialect
fluently while he is there for only a little time.He has learned to do lots
of jobs during the year.Anything from businessman and commando to artist and
gardener.He must be a fast learner too.
  Huey,Dewey and Louie are the best Junior Woodchucks ever according to
Rosa.They sure keep learning from this book of theirs and from their
travels.They have learned to translate about any language they came upon.
  Magica is a totaly different case.She is a sorceress borned into a hole
family of them.She has natural powers but she chose to be even stronger by
studying the occult.In Barks stories she translates ancient scripts without
help and she is Circe's succesor.There is harldly a story with Magica in
which she doesn't learn and study more.Mainly the reason why the witch is
one of my favorites.Tradition,power and self-education.
  While Mickey usualy helps the police in his own city without gaining a
thing or travels around with no apparent purpose.When I was a boy I thought
he was a slacker.He never appears to be learning a thing.
  The Ducks are charachters with depth while Mickey is a lazy American
traveling the world with no purpose,no gain.Have you ever thought about
that?