Jake

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Mon Sep 3 10:42:44 CEST 2001

Hi everyone!

Olaf:
>>Donald never knew Jake except from the family album, and Scrooge probably
>>saw right through the disguise. Would Scrooge kick out his own uncle
because
>>of some debt? I really don't think so! I believe that Scrooge made up that
>>debt right there so that he could punish Donald for dressing up like Jake.
>>You shall honour the dead(s?).

Well, it was in the early years (1952), so it's possible. And after all, he
was created
after Ebenezer Scrooge, who chose the wrong path in his youth and preferred
money
to the love of  a young girl. And he doesn't exactly kick him out.
And one year later, in Jan '53 (WDC&S 148, "Turkey with all the Schemings",
album 22),
he doesn't see through Donald's much thinner disguise.
I guess there are two ways to read it.

Olivier