Another Fethry supporter

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Thu Sep 6 10:38:30 CEST 2001

Martin:

> When I was a kid in Denmark back in the
> sixties I was annoyed by Fethry, and I generally didn't like
> the stories in which he appeared. Later on, and especially
> after reading Jon Gisle's book
> Donaldismen, it dawned on me that the fact that the character
> was annoying
> was in fact the fact that made him a good character.

I could have written this myself (except that I never read Jon Gisle's book;
I learned to appreciate Fethry here on DCML, actually).
I think this indicates that the Fethry stories are annoying to *children*,
while (slightly...) older people love them.

The Dutch editors never grew up: they banned Fethry in 1974. 8-)

--Harry.
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/bolderbast/xindexeng.html