DCML digest, Vol 1 #660 - 7 msgs

john garvin jgarvin at bendcable.com
Sun Sep 9 18:50:51 CEST 2001

steven rowe:
" Not liking Carl's paintings take nothing away from what I feel
is Carl's real achievement:  his fabulous duck stories. It's the duck
stories
that Carl will allways be remembered for. "

Except Barrier as much as says that Barks should not have painted them
at all because they overshadow Barks's real achievement: his fabulous
duck stories from the 40s.  And make no mistake, Barrier feels that most
of Barks's Uncle Scrooge stories overshadow that achievement as well.

And this isn't an argument.  I won't argue with someone's "not liking
Carl's paintings" anymore than I will argue with a Marvel comic fan's
"not liking duck comics."  We are not even on the same planet, so what's
the point?