Simo RE: 50 years Dutch Donald Duck weekly

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Sep 10 20:16:57 CEST 2001

Simo:

> http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/bolderbast/xindexeng.html
>
> Fine pages, but maybe you should add there that Mau Heymans only
> pencilled (and wrote) that artwork sample in "New Era
> 1983-1992" -page.
>
> Peter Colle (Dutch too?) was the inker of that story
> (H 95114) - and I think he also should be credited for that
> fine artwork.

I'll add his name there. BTW, Peter Collé did the inking directly on
Heymans' pencils. The pencils are still visible (if not on the scan, then
certainly on the original). Heymans also tends to correct his pages after
inking (also adding some details and background lettering). You could say
that the inkers of Heymans are his "subcontractors". I don't know if Strobl
used to work the same way.

--Harry.