DISASTER

DYER,SONIA (HP-Cupertino,ex1) sonia_dyer at hp.com
Thu Sep 13 22:50:54 CEST 2001

off-topic -Thanks to all for your expressions of sympathy to those of us in
the USA.

I live in California but have visited New York many times on business.  I
remember how beautiful the two World Trade Center buildings were from the
air - like two enormous tourmaline crystals towering hugely above
normal-sized big-city office buildings.

No one from my company was killed, but we are in the process of merging with
another company.  That company had a person on the plane that was bound for
San Francisco, and he is now dead.  They also had 4 people visiting the
Trade Center at the time, along with 2 of their Chinese business partners,
all now presumed dead.

I live and work in an extremely ethnically diverse area.  On my cul-de-sac,
my neighbors are African Americans, Chinese, Mexican, Philipino, Vietnamese,
and from India and the Maldives.  We all live in harmony. We are of many
religions and are all, without exception, amazed that there is such evil in
the world.  And like everyone else in America, we are all very VERY angry.
Some of them speak of retribution, once more facts are discovered about the
organizers.  Others say that it will not be retribution - it will be
justice.  Either way, expect something to happen.

	Sonia