Curious

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Mon Sep 17 09:04:23 CEST 2001

BJORN:

> <http://dailynews.philly.com/content/daily_news/2001/09/13/local/DEVI13C.htm
>
> Things like this always gives me some chivers, though my reason tends to
> tell me its all a coincidense or a hoax...

If you look at clouds, you can see all sotrs of images, and this is just
another example of fitting an image that we have in mind to a vague,
swirly pattern. (Does anyone really think of the devil as having *three*
horns and a potato nose?)

Interestingly enough, Isaac Asimov had written a short story about somew
people freeze-framing a high resolution film of a nuclear explosion and
getting similar results.

	Kriton	(e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
	      	(WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"I myself am in search of universal peace, an end to strife and unlimited
 custard for all, but I have a feeling I'm looking in the wrong place."
-----