organs in churches

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Mon Sep 17 19:37:28 CEST 2001

Chris (and others) wrote:

> Many -- if not most -- Catholic churches DO have organs

Of course. I drew the wrong conclusion from 3 facts:
- organs were introduced in churches in or after the 16th century (at least
where I live);
- the reformation was in the 16th century;
- organ music is an important part of the protestant (Dutch reformed)
service

This shows how much attention to organs I paid when being at the inside of a
catholic church! 8-)
(I *did* see a lot, mainly for the architecture and art.)

--Harry.
(Stichting Oude Groninger Kerken - word lid! 8-)