R: How many persons live in Duckburg

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Tue Sep 18 14:29:06 CEST 2001

Well...

> Now I remember where I red that number and in which story.
> Persons live in Duckburg are 9523 in the Strobl' story "Donald and Daisy -
> The people collector" pubblished in Walt Disney's Comics and Story 3147 of
> 1966. The mayor tell to Daisy that Duckburg hadn't got star for city with
> 10.000 persons or more.
>
> For italian's member I can tell where I red that information:
> in the book "Walt Disney presenta: Paperino" at page 32 where it's presented
> 1st draw (vignetta, in Italy)

... Since I wrote the book (and choose the illustrations), I must say that
in the text I also point the contrast between this concept of Duckburg as a
small town and the most popular, original (and useful for the story men)
version by Carl Barks, where the city of Donald is really huge in the 40es
(see "The Firebug" story, or "Letter to Santa").

Incidentalluy, I can assume that thestory man of the story "Donald and Daisy
- The people collector" is Bob Gregory.

L.