comic restaurant in rapallo

Arthur de Wolf arthur at westbrabant.net
Tue Sep 18 19:34:21 CEST 2001

Hi,

My wife and I had the pleasure of having dinner at the famous comic
restaurant in Rapallo, Italy, last week. It wasn't easy to find (long narrow
steep way up a mountain for several kilometers on a dead-end street), but
certainly worth the visit. I was very impressed by the MANY great drawings
on the walls. There were a LOT of Botarro ones, which looked great. I had
seen the Barks and Rosa ones in print before, but it was nice to see them
for real.

I never saw the owner with different colored shoes. There was someone else
walking around, with whom I talked for a little while. He showed me a photo
album of Barks' visit. I hope to go there again after a Lucca convention,
which I would very much like to attend once.

Kind regards,

Arthur de Wolf
DCW: http://www.wolfstad.com/dcw