The 'Lectro Box

Fluks, H.W. H.W.Fluks at kpn.com
Wed Sep 19 11:57:53 CEST 2001

> I'm referring to a Gottfredson/Walsh story, "Mickey Mouse
> and the 'Lectro Box"
> (YM 058), which saw in the original publication, in the
> very last panel,
> the three scientists left in their underpants by the effect
> of the Box...

I think David Gerstein can tell us all about this. I if recall correctly
what he told me, the *original* print in the newspapers was censored
(trousers added to the professors). Then, for the reprint in the WDC comic
book, they *added* one professor, and didn't give him trousers (while
leaving the censored artwork for the other professors). They had to add some
art anyway, since the panel in WDC was wider than the original newspaper
panel.

The 1990s reprint is exactly like the first WDC reprint.

(Also, thanks to this reprint, we saw that story in Holland for the first
time a few years later.)

--Harry.