DCML digest #675

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Thu Sep 20 15:13:15 CEST 2001

From: Goofy313g at aol.com (Gilles Maurice)
>>>>>>>>TO DON:
In your story "D96001", I think the original title contains the words
"gravity" and "matter", but I don't have the time to check,

My title was "A Matter of Some Gravity". By the way, that's a clever title
(ahem) in English, but it's untranslatable. "Gravity" means both the force
that holds us to the earth's mass, and the measure of how serious or
"grave" something is. When you say something is "a matter of some gravity",
it means it's a matter of some seriousness. That phrase had a double
meaning as regards that story. Anyway...

1, we can see on a board in Duckburg's airport names of cities which the
flights are going to. IN the french version, those are Tombouctou, Puerto
Povro, Costa Trouya, Louisville, and Mickeyville, the french for
...Mouseton... Did you really do it, Unca'Keno, or is it just a mistake by
the translators???

I'm sure they don't think of it as a "mistake". They don't realize that I
don't acknowledge the existance of Mickey Mouse in my version of this
"universe". But if you're asking if *I* put that name on the flight list...
NO. I did include "Louisville" (near to where I'm typing this) in my script
in the signage notes, but that was all.