Help! A lost DD cover ... in my mind

Luca Faccioli fasu7 at libero.it
Sat Sep 22 12:27:36 CEST 2001

Hi, friends.

I have a little riddle that (I hope) the more attentive of you will be able to solve!

One of the nicest thing that happened to me in collecting and buy back Comics in the adult age is to discover again, some years later, several Comics that I owned and lost when I was a child . They were printed in my mind and 3 or 4 times it was very easy to find them and with lot of joy!

But there is only one Comic that is absolutely impossible to find or moreover to recognize in a Internet Disney Cover list o to see in a Comic Convention, it looks like it is running away from me hiding somewhere else from the place or the moment I am, and this happens since about 30 years!

Sometimes I thought to have dreamed about it but italian "Topolino" n. 865 - july 1972- printed a draw of one readers showing that cover! So it surely exists !

Please, can someone help me?

Cover Art:        Tony Strobl

Cover:    in the italian version the background is blue and you can see one of the 3 nephews crying, in front of us there                         is an angry DD going away with a broken arch in his hand and an arrow that has been throwed inside his hat.

Period    before July 1972.

Others    I only remember a Strobl' story inside referring to Grandma duck and a young nice female Duck in his farm with an                 hat with a star put into (she should be a western - Movie star ...)

Thanks to all of you,

Bye,

LUCA FACCIOLI,  Bologna, Italy.