Grandma

Luca Boschi cnotw at zen.it
Mon Sep 24 15:34:03 CEST 2001

Dear "omonimous" Luca,

I read your mail, fastly, and I can say...

   I only remember a Strobl' story inside referring to Grandma duck and a
young nice female Duck in his farm with a  hat with a star put into (she
should be a western - Movie star ...)

Well, it's NOT a Strobl story. It's a Frank McSavage one, IMHO, one of my
favourite stories with Grandma... "Grandma Duck in Hollywood", published in
an old Christmas Parade (# 5, 1953) with a wonderful art. In that story, her
name is not Elviry, is Abigail (in Italian "Rita Papera"), but, I want to
think that's only a nickname... It deserves a reprint, in Italy, too...
Maybe you read the reprint in a "Albi della Rosa", published in the early
1960. It's the second and last print of that story, in Italy. More than 41
years ago!!!

Bye!

Luca