Comic finds

Vic Pratt thebeesong at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:39:01 CEST 2001

Hello folks

No particular reason for me telling you all this; but
seeing as I have no tangible friends who understand my
Duck "interests" I feel compelled to mention my latest
"finds" to my nebulous net buddies who share my
madness...

I was on holiday in Wales at a great place called Hay
On Wye...a town full of second hand bookshops; they
call it the Town Of Books.

I found:

A 1948 copy of WDC&s (very tatty, and falling to bits,
but only cost one pound!)

An interesting political work entitled "How To Read
Donald Duck"...anybody read it?

And a comic convention programme from the 70s signed
not only by Unca Carl, but also by John Stanley and
Joe Kubert, Mike Kaluta and Gil Kane and Harvey
Kurtzman...(ten quid, worth it, do you think?)

Not a bad haul, eh?

Just wanted to share that with somebody. Did I mention
that my girlfriend thinks that I'm crackers? Goes
without saying, I guess.

Best duck wishes

Vic

=====
A FINE ELECTRONIC PORTMANTEAU OF COMICS AND CURIOSITIES AT:
           http://come.to/thefleacircus