A few questions -- question 2 answered

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sun Apr 7 23:51:05 CEST 2002

Hi Fox and welcome!

>> 2) There is sign (in English): "FLAGS= Red with white symbols"
>> in Rosa's "The Treasury of Croesus". It's on page 17. What this
>> inscription mean?

That's page 1 of  Part 3.
It is the flag of Turkey.
I love this story-- but then I love most of  Don Rosa's. What makes it so good (apart from the
humor-- especially "Lydia") is the way reality meets mythology and the parallel that is drawn.
Oh, and if  you wonder about "Lydia", Don Rosa explained it is a song Groucho Marx performed in one
of his routines. And a fellow DCML member (sorry, can't remember who; but thanks again) also gave a
lilnk. Unfortunately I can't find it in my favorites. You should be able to find it quite easily by
searching for "Lydia the tattooed lady", and among the various sites you will find some with mp3s of
the song.

Olivier
:)