"Private" digests

Oyvind J. Karstad oyvind at karstad.no
Tue Apr 9 20:07:04 CEST 2002

Harry Fluks:
> Hooray! I got my own digest! (And 888 is a nice number too. And 08-04-02 is
> a nice binary date.)
>
> This hasn't happened to me in years - or maybe never, in the 10 years this
> list exists.

Wait a minute!
Where did the careful statistician Harry Fluks go?
:-)

Browsing through some 1000 digests (3 years, I've accidently deleted my older mail),
I actually find *3* "Harry Fluks-only" digests (#201, #632 and #888).
That puts you in the lead, together with Don Rosa (#638, #809 and #875).

The third place is shared by Steven Rowe, Gary Leach,
Olaf Solstrand and Daniel van Eijmeren, all with two "private" digests each.
About twenty persons (including myself) each have one digest they can claim as their own.

You are also one of the few who have your own digest with two messages.
I don't think any of the "private" digests have three messages or more,
although you come pretty close in #277 with three out of four messages.

Most of these small digests appear in the summer.
Specially July 2000 was a heavy "private digest"-period...

Statistics are fun!
:-)

Oyvind J. Karstad