Rosa books/albums

Gerd Syllwasschy gsy at megatel.de
Thu Aug 1 10:55:26 CEST 2002

acsive:

> The new readers like Rosas stories, I'm sure - a reader can tell what
> effort Don and others too put into their stories and they like that.
> The young readers like detailed stories (I know I did) - and it might
> even make them try to find these stories that the Rosa-stories
> obviously refer to.

Indeed, market research for the German weekly has repeatedly shown that
Don Rosa's stories are among the most popular ones. And the readership
consists mainly of boys at the age of 8 to 12 years, I believe.

It is interesting to note, by the way, that Don's more historically
oriented stories (e.g., the Lo$ series) seem to be be less popular with
young readers than the "pure" gag or adventure stories.

Gerd