Rosa books/albums

Per Martinson per.martinson at home.se
Fri Aug 2 19:31:25 CEST 2002

Øyvind J. Karstad wrote:

> Martinson also wrote that "other writers should get more space".
> This is another argument I marvel at.
> What "space" is there that Don Rosa occupies,
> that could have been given to other writers?
> Currently he's only producing three or four stories a year.
> We have seen very few reprints of Rosa stories in Scandinavia.
> But Egmont are reprinting a lot of Vicar and Branca stories from the 80's.

The space I meant wasn't in first place the space in the magazines, but
outside them, for example the possibilities to to be published in books and
albums.

Ari Seppi wrote:

> Really? Do you mean that they are the only artists mentioned
> in covers or that there are no articles, news items or anything
> about other artists? If it's the latter I have to say: Huh! I think
> that is very strange.

Of course the artists of every comic is written out, but the only things
mentioned on covers, next nuber-pages and things like that is Barks or Rosa,
it's like they are the only artists that are important.

Per Martinson