Gyro

Alipio d'Oliveira Coelho alipio at ufpel.tche.br
Mon Aug 19 03:05:33 CEST 2002

>    1. Gyro (Claudio Eckert)
>
> Subject: Gyro
> Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2002 17:01:26 +0200
>
> As far as I can remember, Carl Barks said (when he was a reader of DCML and
> we had a similar discussion here) that Gyro is a chicken.

Barks' words:
" I think that every cartoonist had a crazy inventor at some time in his
strips,
so I deliberately invented Gyro. But I only figured on using him once in
a very
great while.If I had known that I was going to have to do a book of Gyro
stories, I would have made him about the same size as Donald or Uncle
Scrooge,
so that he could have been handled more easily. He was a big, tall,
gawky
chicken, and it was difficult to work him into the same panels as the
ducks."
(Interwiew by Donald Ault and Thomas Andrae, august, 4, 1975.)
Here, in Brazil is name is Professor Pardal (Pardal is a kind of
sparrow...)