Of Barks and Frisians, and off-topic

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Thu Aug 29 18:27:21 CEST 2002

KLAUS

> (who, according to J. Klein and N. Takahata: Where Do We Come From?,
> Springer Vlg, Heidelberg 2002, is a direct offspring of Charlemagne, as
> is virtually any living Homo sapiens worldwide)

Although I understand the humor in the above claim, I can't help
wondering whether the above claim is true, or only limited to people of
West European extraction.

Kriton.

(Who, had the empress Irene not been deposed for accepting Charlemagne's
marriage proposal in 800, would have been a lot more certain that the
above assertion applied to him!)