Barks items for sale this season

Halsten Aastebol Halsten.Aastebol at elkraft.ntnu.no
Mon Dec 9 18:08:43 CET 2002

At 15:51 07.12.02 +0100, Nils Lid Hjort wrote:

>* Carl Barks Benny Burro & Barney Bear stories (or similar title):
>a nice enough album with perhaps eight stories, taken from
>Barks' years 1943-1947 with "Our Gang". Again, I didn't
>buy it, since I have the stories already. Perhaps someone else
>here could give us more details.

I bought this, although I have all the stories from before. I was really
happy to see that in addition to the five (or what it is) different Disney
xmas albums and two hardcover books (one of them beeing the Barks book),
there was an album dedicated to Barks' Barney Bear and Benny Burro. Strange
xmas album in the way that there are no xmas stories (I beleive there are
no such among Barks' Our Gang stories). But who cares. Making comic buyers
aware of these stories is a great thing!

The stories included are (the first two starring Benny the Lonesome Burro,
the rest of them Barney Bear and Benny Burro):
         * OCG 9: Playful Mountain Goat
         * OCG 10: A Bird of Beauty is a Pest Forever
         * OCG 18: Serenade for a Senorita
         * OCG 20: Doctor and Patient
         * OCG 21: To Ski or Not to Ski
         * OCG 26: Complete Anglers

And what's more: On the back cover is an announcement that the Barney Bear
and Benny Burro stories will be reprinted in a series of albums!!
I really hope this will happen, because I still haven't read all those stories.

Regards
Halsten