Thanks and a sincere wish...

Donald D. Markstein ddmarkstein at cox.net
Wed Dec 25 13:25:03 CET 2002

> Thanks for recognizing that not everyone does celebrate Christmas.  It
seems
> to be taken for granted in nearly every store or restaurant I visit this
> time of year that, because the well-wisher commemorates a certain
tradition,
> then automatically I must do the same.

My family celebrates Xmas. It's on the same day as Christmas, and it has
most of the accoutrements such as the tree, the gifts, the nice family
dinner, etc. Even Santa Claus, the world's only secular saint. The only
difference is that Xmas isn't specifically a Christian holiday, so everyone
can enjoy it. (And yes, I know where the X came from, but don't see what
that has to do with anything.)

But whatever holiday you celebrate, I hope you have a merry one. And if you
don't celebrate any holiday at all today, then have a merry day anyway.

Quack, Don

Today in Toons: Every day's an anniversary.
http://www.toonopedia.com/today.htm