completely off-topic: Astrid Lindgren

Stefan Persson reimersholme at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 01:15:00 CET 2002

>From: "Lunnan & Hjort" <brit.lunnan at chello.no>
>To: <dcml at stp.ling.uu.se>
>Subject: half off-topic: Astrid Lindgren
>Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 00:42:43 +0100
>
>Since the date looks special today (02-02-02 to some
>of you, 2/2-02 to some, where I'd prefer 2/2/2 or 2-2-2,
>in a futile attempt to avoid the imperialist ever-presence of
>the machine- and computer-age caused unnecessary
>"zero", as if we counted objects with 01, 02, 03, ...),
>I feel I should utter something to the DCML.

Actually, your mail was dated 2-2-3.

>Astrid Lindgren is dead. Long live Astrid Lindgren.

Indeed. I remember when I was but a few years old and my parents used to
read her books for me. Now she's gone, which is sad. She passed away on the
28th of January. I hope neither she herself nor her work will ever be
forgotten, and that it'll remain popular. I had hoped that she'd get the
Nobel price, but that never hapened...

Stefan