Stoned Ducks?

Petri Kanninen pkannine at cc.hut.fi
Wed Feb 6 13:22:49 CET 2002

DON ROSA:
>>This Chierchini's story "Paperino e il ciclaliante sperimentale"
>>(I TL  371-A). I think the pictures are quite self-evident. In the first
>But I don't know how "self-evident" this sequence
>is... what's with Donald in those panels? His facial expression looks
>like he's already stoned on something. Just a drawing style? Instead of
>my "needless and irritating detail", this style is "stoned Ducks"?

Stoned Ducks? :D Never thought of Chierchini's style that way but as you
said it, Donald does really have a bit weird look on his face. Well,
Chierchini has never been my favorite artist so I'm not surprised.
Self-evident part was only about the strength of the drink: how smoke
comes out of it and it explodes and how US drinks it coolly while DD gets
flames from his mouth.

>>panel US says that he drank this drink, "The smell of firestone", when
>You mean "brimstone"?

Brimstone? Probably, something that smells bad anyway. My word book
doesn't know the word.

--
Petri Kanninen (pkannine at cc.hut.fi)
Aku Ankan taskukirja -tietokanta: http:/www.perunamaa.net/taskarit/

"Miten suhtautuisitte asiaan, jos kotiinne yhtäkkiä ilmaantuisi
Kali-jumalattaren patsas?" -Kalin kynsi, Aku Ankan taskukirja 73