Archontis : Picsou

Olivier mouse-ducks at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 9 13:11:16 CET 2002

Hi all!

Oliv: (So there's another "Olivier" here? Hi!)

>> The "false 30th anniversary" copy was very promising with its
>> "not very collector layout" exhumation of old Italian and French
>> stories - it seems that hope will stay a hope...

And the "Disney 100" was very disappointing; this time Le Journal de Mickey did (slightly) better.

>> I prefer not talk about the intrusion of sicky non Disney stories... ugh!

Well, Le Journal de Mickey already used to print non-Disney stories (because they were King Features
strips which were available I guess) such as Mandrake, The Katzenjammer Kids, ... But these were
*good*. Now they'll print anything regardless of  the quality. And there no longer are interesting
articles as there used to be (whether in LJM or PM).
Reason: the editors are obviously not true fans and prefer to try and pease everyone by including
anything except the good things and lowering the level (very little text in the so-called
"articles", when there is it's only a very few simplistic sentences-- ex: "Disney made theme parks"
:b ).

>> You know, the good French Disney magazine actually seems to be
>> Super Picsou Géant.

They do reprint interesting stories-- by De Vita for instance.

Olivier