Sequel to Snow White

Francesco Spreafico frspreaf at tin.it
Thu Feb 14 10:28:55 CET 2002

From: Michael Schartau <michael.schartau at swipnet.se>

> NO: Jaws 3, Grease 2, Scream
> YES: Bond, Jones, Rosa
>
> But is is a matter of opinion. Some people dont accept Moore as Bond. And
> how would you reakt on a new book about the Ring?

What Ring? Tolkien's? I guess there already are sequels for that.

Still, I think that one important point is who makes the sequel... Indiana
Jones' sequels are ok because they're made by the same people
(Lucas/Spielberg/Williams), Jaws' sequels are not ok because they're made by
different people... and so on.

This is a general rule, but is not to be applied strictly to disney comics
too, since there have always been from the very beginning many people
working on them, and I find it right to make references to other people's
stories, like Don Rosa does with Barks'.

About Snow White, I'm opposed too, because, differently from disney comics,
the Snow White story hasn't been touched since 1937. Now, if they considered
some Scarpa's SW stories as the plot for a new movie I'd be definitely for
it, but since I know they don't even know such wonderful stories exist, I
don't trust them the least: they'd almost certainly be writing a crappy
story, and since the 1937 is a true masterpiece, it would be a pity.

--
Francesco