DCML digest, Vol 1 #849 - 14 msgs

Olaf Solstrand harryklein at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:37:12 CET 2002

>Message: 1
>From: DGE at ECN.egmont.com
>
>Yeah, the quiz engine does seem to want to turn us into villains.

Then I guess I'm just lucky. I'm Ludwig, with Downy O'Drake and Matilda
McDuck on second and third.

--__--__--

>Message: 4
>From: Hunstad Knut <Knut.Hunstad at sintef.no>
>
>The first attempt to change this, was "Lost in Andes", where the
>inhabitants spoke nynorsk ("New norwegian", also an
>official "language", but so close to bokmål that it is more like
>a dialect [and now I have already stamped on
>many norwegian toes]), and without beeing norwegian, I think you
>will never get close to understanding how much turmoil was
>created by that story the first time around!

Actually, the inhabitants spoke vossamål.

I use nynorsk as my everyday language myself, but I don't feel that "Lost in
Andes" is insulting in any way. What IS insulting, is that nynorsk _only_ is
used when it's neccessarry (remove the extra letters) to point out that this
is a peasant or a viking. I think it's a shame that the only comic in
nynorsk in Norway is "Hårek" (I think the original name is Harald the
Viking?), to point out that "This is a Viking, living in the middel age". It
wouldn't hurt anyone if a few ordinary Donald Duck stories came in nynorsk.

>The absolutely most disappointing movie dubbing I have seen so far,
>was the quite recent Asterix movie with Gerard Depardieu. This
>would be the perfect movie for letting the romans talk bokmål and
>the others "tribes" talk some dialect (I think trøndersk would
>have been perfect for Asterix' village).

Actually, even though I'm a trønder myself, I think Stavangerdialect would
be perfect, as I find it one of the dialects that sounds a little like
french.

I remember reading the story where Asterix goes to Belgium, and the Belgians
were speaking Totendialect... To mark the difference between ordinary French
and Belgian French, I suppose.

--__--__--

>Message: 7
>From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Claus_Ola_Margon_H=E5vik?="
><clausomh at yahoo.com>
>
>If most Europeans are used to reading Donald speaking proper
>language, do any of the Europeans that write for Egmont use
>only grammatically correct English dialog in their scripts?
>
>What did you do in your script, Olaf?

Yes, I admit it, I wrote only grammatically correct American English, as I
thought it was ment to be that way. But I won't do that again, that's for
sure...