You're peein' [OT]

Kriton Kyrimis kyrimis at cti.gr
Sat Jan 5 14:52:33 CET 2002

HARRY:

> To make this mail a bit on-topic: Scrooge McDuck has changed all his money
> from guilders to euros, in this week's Dutch weekly. Except a small portion
> that stayed in guilders, so Scrooge still has his favourite money smell when
> he swims in his money. (A smart move: now the editors can always explain
> stories where Scrooge talks about old currency...)

I've converted all my money to Euros, apart from a very small amount
which I may convert or keep as a souvenir. However, given that I am not
particularly excited about doing the latter, as even that small amount
is worth something, I can't imagine Scrooge letting part of his money
become useless piles of paper in 2012 (or whenever the deadline for
converting guilders is in Holland).

The truth is, however, that Scrooge doesn't have guilders or Euros in
his money bin, but dollars, which are never withdrawn from circulation.
Speaking of which, I recently read that as much as 30% of the dollar
bills in circulation may be counterfeit. Does this mean that 30% of uncle
Scrooge's money could be counterfeit? Ye cats and little kittens!

        Kriton  (e-mail: kyrimis at cti.gr)
                (WWW:    http://dias.cti.gr/~kyrimis)
-----
"Need a genius to unravel it..."