Color of money

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Wed Jan 16 17:18:24 CET 2002

Hi

Martin S. Thoresen mentioned the gold money in the european tradtion.
It has baffled me a lot too, in the last years. -
The only gold-colored (not solid gold, not even gold, but some other metal
that is yellow) I've seen are from Ireland,
Greece and Denmark. I'm not sure how many Ireland and Greece have but our
coins are like this:
2 gold-colored (the 10 and 20-pieces of kroner) 3 silver-colored (1,2 and
5 of kroner) and bronze/cobber (25 and 50 ears(small centish coins))

So when they printed a story as the Coin, showing the Quarter, (they made
it a 2-kr) it baffled me to see it as yellow. - as our 2kr is
silkver-colored
But all this is caused by this confusing tradition - it must origiante in
the fact that Scrooge is rich, and then why wouldn't all his coins by
solid gold...
I know they aren't.

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk