digests today and Comics online

Anders Christian Siveb¾k anders_sivebaek at nns.dk
Wed Jan 16 20:07:46 CET 2002

Hi friends
I must express my joy over reading 4 very interesting digests today (one
was from yesterday). The subject is interesting and starting to also be
quite filosophic.
Don's stories are his - written and drawn by hin nomatter what the
publishers say or do. They have the copyright... but.

Speaking of that I somewhat welcome the DROS-site, but It seems a bit
unnecesary as the comics are all findable at other sites too.

Joakim
>	To have Dons Disney stories scanned and on the net is a nice thought
>but also very illegal.
Agreed. The reason some do it, is some kind of wanting to help the ones
who aren't able to read Don's stories other ways (of economic or lingual
reasons). This is illegal but still wanting to help other fellow fans.

>	I would not reccomend anyone to have scanned, complete, stories on
>the net of Disney material
>	that is currently published or that is likely to be reprinted.
How about a story that some thought wouldn't be printed - because the
cartoonist went to sell it to another company because the first company
(and the readers of their comics) was said no longer to like the series of
which this comic was to be a part?
The fans though have often told the cartoonist that the series is their
ultimate favorite.

Well, this happened with a stoiry before, one called the Coin - and it's
published many places now, except for Greece and sadly US too. The story
is no longer online anywhere (that I know of) - but it was, because we
thought it suffered from same faith as the above.

A little time ago I, as myself, asked some people via email about the
Sharpie - and I learned that it's planned. When it's published the online
versions will be removed.
(But I'll still have it on my PC, so if anyone... and that wouldn't be
illegal would it? To have a story scanned on ones own PC? Or??

>	Honestly, having them on your web page might cost you a lot of
>money.
>	And you do not want to deal with Disney's lawyers, trust me.
I trust that.

>	The American publications of Dons stories are available from
>american dealers or on eBay.
They are. - but on ebay only to people with a visa. (well, I know, there
are solutions for that)

>	His new stories are published and reprinted in Europe in many
>different languages.
Yes, but not english (unless Egmont India does?) - and that's why I buy
many copies of the weekly when there's a Rosa in it - for those friends I
have abroad, who aren't able to get the new stories, and who then at least
get to see the comic

>	Please buy the comic books instead. Thanks!
I do that, every week - and last time, when the Crown came out, I bought
20 issues of each. Call me crazy - I am, crazy about Donald Duck

Hilsen/Yours
Anders Christian Sivebæk
Donaldist