DCML digest #807

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Jan 19 02:13:53 CET 2002

I just got a message from Luca (which he has also sent to the ML) implying,
unless I misunderstand it, that the Italians apparently stumbled on that
ancient & obscure use of Grandma Duck's name in the old WDC&S just as I
did, and had already been using the name... independant of my
"rediscovery"! I'm stunned... but delighted! Leave it to my countrymen!!!!!
It's in the blood! They know more about American comics books and newspaper
strips than any American I've ever met, and I've been hangin' around with
the foremost American funnybook collectors since the late 60's!