details and explanations

Theresa Wiegert f95thwi at dd.chalmers.se
Sat Jan 19 15:42:24 CET 2002

Harry:
>The details and explanations are a very nice extra. But they should be
>not more than that: an extra for the reader who appreciates them. One
>should be able to read and enjoy a story without having to go through all
>the details.
>Don is sometimes going too far w.r.t. that, IMO.

>--Harry.
>(Who recently learned something about crusaders by reading half a Rosa
>story...)

Yes, so did I! And for once I can feel sure that what I'm reading isn't
some kind of misinformation, concerning names and such things.
No, I think it's quite alright with that extra info. It's Rosa style. And
at most there is only one Rosa story in the weekly, so if you want stories
with lesser info, the rest of the magazine is full of them. That's a good
mix I think.
Besides, to read is to learn, not only to enjoy, and when you get to
learn while enjoying, it couldn't be better!
--
/Theresa