BE A DUPE LIKE OTHERS WITHIN 5 MINUTES!!!

Dan Shane danshane at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 21 14:18:58 CET 2002

PAULO BARREZ WROTE:

> I have followed the indications in an email I
> received, and was asked to forward it to my friends.
> So here it is.
> /P.B.
>
> **********************************
> Your name was referred to me as someone who may be
> interested in making money from home. If this
> is not the case, I appologize for the intrusion.
> Removal instructions are at the bottom of this
> message.

    *** REMAINDER MERCIFULLY SNIPPED ***

AND I REPLY:

Please do not forward such advertisements to this or any other mailing list
of newsgroup.  You will create a  lot of enemies this way.  Perhaps you are
new to the Internet, but such unsolicited ads have been around for quite a
while and have picked up the nickname "spam."

The example you mailed to the list is a particularly onerous version known
as a chain letter, promising something for nothing.  It is a waste of time
and bandwidth.  You may have noticed that I altered the subject line to
reflect the real message behind the one you originally sent.

Dan