DCML digest #818

DGE@ECN.egmont.com DGE at ECN.egmont.com
Wed Jan 30 14:09:49 CET 2002

	Hey everyone:

>The three issues of MICKEY MOUSE I picked up (#54-56) are all 100 page
>digests, with coated cardstock covers, and a printed cover price of 30
>Rupees.
	[snip]
>Despite being titled MICKEY MOUSE, all the stories in the books were
>Donald Duck stories.

	These are the Indian pocketbook series, consisting entirely of
material culled from Egmont's Jumbobøger/Kalle Ankas Pocket/Lustiges
Taschenbücher- D- and I-coded stories, but all in the six-panel
Topolino-style format. So Don's stories wouldn't be appearing in this
series.
	Interesting that the issues contain only Donald stories. The
publishers have two other titles: MICKEY MOUSE COMIC and ADVENTURES OF
DONALD DUCK, alternating every two weeks. Just like the "Mickey" digest
mentioned above, these often have little or none of the cover-named
character and a lot of somebody else. The Donald comic has been filled
almost entirely with Mickey more than once.

	David Gerstein